Domain name represents our brand and recognition online. Domain registration is the process of legally assigning the name and space in the online world. The policy, laws, rules and all system governed by the ICANN organisation. This organisation regulates the domain registrars and its function all over the world.
The IANA ( Internet Assigned Number Authority ) is another organization runs by ICANN, which manages the IP address allocation in, a fair and consistent manner.
Domains are the first identity of an brand – Similar to the stock value of a Company.
The Domain Space are categorized into various TLDs following by categories :
- Top Level Domains – .com, .net, .org, .edu, .gov
- Country Code Top-level Domain – .us, .uk, .au, .in, .fr
Government entities mainly use the .gov. Any Non-profit Organizations use the .org. Mostly Businesses use the country code top-level domains.
Domains are the most important part of starting an online business. They have the potential of creating brand equity in market. So, Domains should be taken very seriously.
Domain Name Registration :
You can register new domains, transfer to another person from Domain registration companies. After Registration, you become the legal owner of the domain name. The cost of registration includes:
Domain Registration fees + ICANN fee + Some Tax
The Main Leading Domain Registrars are : –
Domain Name Registration Tips :
The first impression of a business is “ Domain ”. Peoples register domains for business startup, blogging, and investment purposes. You should follow the following tips which can help you to make more sensible about domain :
1. First of all, your domain name must be related to your business field, which will increase its more recognition. For Example, Snapchat.com is registered by Snapchat Incorporation. Its domain shows the brand authority of multimedia messaging business.
2. If your business in the local region, then choose the country code top-level domain.
3. The domain name must be as short as possible and easy to remember.
4. Never use any short forms and distinctive character in your domain letters which makes it challenging to recall by the audience.
5. Domain security is a most serious step you should take correctly. Always hide the private information. Otherwise, anyone can see your details from whois lookup ( https://whois.icann.org/en ).
6. Never Transfer your domain to any unknown person, if you find unwanted emails and calls. Keep update your emails and get in contact with your current registrar.
Domain Parking :
A domain can be used as a website and can be parked. Domain Parking is the function of reserving domain for future development. A parked domain can be monetized and non-monetized. If a domain receives traffic and advertisement can be placed by registrar or reseller of the domain for generating revenue.
Securities And Protection of Domains :
Privacy Protection and Securities Are most necessary for domains. If you have registered domains, then you should take some points seriously :
- Your Domain should be registered with your currently active email.
- Never Register Other’s copyrights, trademarks of companies, this can leads to legal problems.
- Lock Down Your Domain With Protection
In Conclusion, We have covered all information about domains, how they protected, secured and represents your business. Domains are the face of your online business and you should renewal on time , if you have any opinions, share your views with us in comments?